Here’s the top 10 list of what the stats report as the most popular stories for the Austin technology community in 2016 on the Silicon Hills News website.
- Indeed Plans to Hire 1000 Employees in Austin
- Condé Nast Plans to Go Big in Austin
- OJO Labs Lands $5.8 Million in Venture Capital
- Stealth Startup Magic Leap Officially Opens its Austin Office
- 12 Startups Named to Austin A-List
- Indeed.com Hits a Record 200 Million Unique Visitors in 31 Days
- Spiceworks Cuts 12 Percent of its Workforce
- Kentucky Liquor Company Buys Austin’s Deep Eddy Vodka
- Google Fiber Seeking Digital Inclusion Fellows in Austin and San Antonio
- 15 Student Run Startups Pitch at 10th Longhorn Startup Lab Demo Day
- Dell Medical School a Catalyst for Austin Startups
- Lyft and Uber Cease Operating in Austin After Proposition 1 Fails to Pass
- Dell Technologies Completes its Merger with EMC
- Experian Buys Austin-based CSIdentity for $360 million
- New Funds Seek to Provide More Money for Austin Entrepreneurs
- Firefly Space Systems Lays Off Staff and Explores a Possible Sale
- KUKA Opens a Robotics Studio in Austin
- The startup Studio at UT Showcases Professor-Led Startups
- Goldman Sachs Buys Austin-based Honest Dollar
- data.world launches with $14 million in funding
- Outbound Engine Raises $16 Million in VC Funds and Plans to Add 200 Employees
- Department of Defense Launches an Innovation Experiment in Austin
- DivInc Seeks to Make Austin the Most Diverse Ecosystem in the Country
- moovel Moves Austin Team to Portland Headquarters
- Ten Life Sciences Companies to Watch in Austin
And here’s another 15 stories that Silicon Hills News thought were also important even if they didn’t get as many eyeballs.
Extra bonus story: Say Hello to Waymo Driverless Cars in Austin – One of the biggest developments in Austin is the birth of the autonomous car industry. Google, which just spun out Waymo, its driverless car company, conducted the first fully autonomous ride on Austin city streets. Even though the ride took place in October of 2015 – Google didn’t release the details until recently.
Editor’s note: And if you like the work Silicon Hills News does and want to support our expansion in 2017 please become a backer on our Kickstarter campaign or a supporter of our Thunderclap. Thank you!