Are you ready for Austin Startup Week? Five days of fun events for the technology community to learn and celebrate its uniquely Austin culture. There’s definitely something for everyone. Here’s just a few of the top picks on our list for this week. (It’s a busy week in Austin tech since South by Southwest Eco also kicks off on Monday at the Austin Convention Center and InnoTech Austin takes place on Thursday.)
1. On Monday, make sure to wear your vintage startup T-shirt and attend the Austin Startup Week Opening Party: The Austin Technology Council’s Battle of the Tech Bands from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Mohawk. It features tech bands from AthenaHealth, Sailpoint, Under Armour, SpareFoot, Civitas Learning, WP Engine and Dropbox.
2. On Tuesday, go meet Amos Schwartzfarb, the new managing director of Techstars Austin. He’s currently recruiting the next cohort of startup companies for the highly competitive technology accelerator. Schwartzfarb is holding office hours as well as conducting fireside chats at Techstars Austin. Some of the sessions are filling up quickly.
3. Also, on Tuesday, the Central Texas Angel Network and its executive director, Claire England, is hosting an entrepreneurial workshop from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Techstars. CTAN is one of the most active angel networks in the country. They’ve been a huge asset in funding and growing Austin’s technology industry.
4. On Tuesday evening, attend the first Women in Tech Mixer. A lot of talk lately in the tech world has focused on inclusion and diversity. Here’s an opportunity to not just talk the talk but walk the walk.
5. Wednesday is also a busy day! In the morning, you’ll have to choose among several great events. We recommend getting up early and heading to Britain Open for Business starting at 8:30 a.m. at Old School, 401 E. Sixth Street.
6. Then head over to Capital Factory for the Oslo Innovation competition, your startup could win an all expense paid trip to Norway.
7. And also on Wednesday is the popular Tech Writers Panel put on by Dave Manzer at PR Over Coffee which is being held at Techstars starting at 10 a.m. The event features Stacey Higginbotham with Fortune, Tom Cheredar with Gigaom, Jared Wynne with the Daily Dot and Laura Lorek with Silicon Hills News.
8. In the evening on Wednesday check out the Australian Networking Event which takes place at the Kunst Gallery at 411 Brazos from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
9. Also Wednesday night is the third annual Social Good Summit fast pitch contest at Google Fiber headquarters at 201 Colorado Street in downtown Austin. RSVP and get your ticket here.
10. Thursday – Austin’s premier technology conference: InnoTech Austin kicks off with a keynote talk on the space industry at the Austin Convention Center. The event requires registration, but InnoTech is providing complimentary registration with the discount code START99.
11. Thursday – A special edition of Austin Open Coffee Club is being held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Atlassian’s headquarters at 303 Colorado Street, Suite 1600. Damon Clinkscales heads up this popular tech entrepreneurial meetup.
12. Thursday – ATX Startup Crawl – this event even has its own smartphone app to keep track of all of the startups participating in the event, which culminates at Capital Factory.
13 Friday – Austin Startup Week Hangover Breakfast, hosted by Hired.com, at Departure Lounge 311 W 5th St.